FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL TO GET BOTH APPSYNC AND WEATHER APP WORKING AGAIN TOGETHER, AFTER EVASI0N JAILBREAK!!
Alright, as many of you may know, the Evasi0n jailbreak was out this week and it is AWESOME. Most users started having problems with their Weather app on their iOS device after jailbreaking. The app would not either start up or would crash after loading.
Planetbeing issued an update to the evasi0n jailbreak to fix slow boots and also an update to the UIKit Tools to fix the Weather app issue, sadly the fix that planetbeing released malfunctions if AppSync is installed. For most who already installed AppSync and installed the update to Evasi0n jailbreak by planetbeing and still having problems. This tutorial is for you. Please make sure before you continue with this tutorial that you have updated your jailbreak through cydia and also the UIKit Tools through cydia.
1. First if you have installed AppSync then uninstall it. If you don’t know what AppSync is, then you most probably have not installed it so run along to step 2.
2. Now open “Cydia” and touch on “Search“
3. Search for “MobileTerminal” and choose MobileTerminal from the search results.
4. Touch on “Install” then touch on “Confirm” and let Cydia install MobileTerminal and then touch on “Return to Cydia“
5. Now go back to your home screen and open “Terminal“
6. First lets change your ssh password on Terminal from the default. Type “su” and touch on return
7. Then type “alpine” next to password and touch return. When you type alpine you wont see anything on the terminal window as its masked because its a password but don’t worry, as you type its being entered.
8. Now you will have something like “yourphonename:/var/mobile root#” here type “passwd” and touch on Return, it will say on the screen that you are going to change your password.
9. Now type your new password and please remember it (the password must be more than 5 characters long). Again it will be invisible as its masked. Touch on Return. It will ask you type the password again, so type in the new password again and touch on Return.
10. The line will now say “yourphonename:/var/mobile root#” if you get this now that means the password has been changed to your new password. Now close Terminal by returning to your home screen.
11. Now on your iOS device surf back to this page and copy the code I am going to give below using your iOS device. (credits to @pod2g for the code)
chmod -x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
killall -9 mobile_installation_proxy
rm /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore
launchctl stop com.apple.mobile.installd
launchctl start com.apple.mobile.installd
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installation.plist ];
while [ ! -f /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.LaunchServices-045.csstore ];
chmod +x /usr/libexec/mobile_installation_proxy
12. Now go back and open Terminal and click on the white “i” icon on the right corner. Then touch on “Shortcut Menu“.
13. Inside the Shortcut Menu, touch on the “+” sign on the top.
14. On “Menu Label” type “pong“
15. On the “Shortcut Action” box, paste the code you copied before from this page, and then touch on “Done“.
16. You will be taken back to the Shortcut Menu, touch on “Back” and “Back” again till you come to the black terminal window.
17. Now type “su” and return
18. Enter in the new password that you made before and touch on return
19. Now it will say “yourphonename:/var/mobile root#” here press on the tiny blue arrow in the left corner and choose “pong” from the list and let the code do its magic.
20. When the code has done its work, it will stop at “yourphonename:/var/mobile root# reboot;” at this point touch return and your phone will restart.
21. After the phone restarts touch on your weather app and voila, it should work.
22. Now you can install AppSync from a proper source. To do that go here to my page where I give info on how to install AppSync. After completing this, both the weather app and AppSnc will work together without any crashes.