Ladies and gentlemen, pull up your underwear and tighten your bras, its tutorial time..yaynesssss!! whooooooop whoooooop!!
Alright how many of you guys got a new android device and tried to go into your YouTube app and ended up getting screens saying “Problem with network ” that just doesn’t go away!!
There are three possible reasons why this can happen (there might be more, but i figured out only three). First lets diagnose each problem and use the process of elimination to figure out what the problem is. I know most of you guys are here after trying a lot of methods to get it to work (if that’s the case, just head on to reason 3 and try the diagnosis) but I am writing this tutorial for people who also might not know what they are doing but want to fix the problem.
Reason 1 (Network Connection Issues):
Well it might sound basic, but most people panic and forget the basics. They tap on the Youtube App and see a flashing error and its the APOCALYPSE and they forget everything. chilllllll!!!!! ok you opened the youtube app and it spit out the “Problem with network ” error. Go out of the youtube app and open your web browser on your android device and just surf to a webpage. If it doesn’t open then something is wrong with your network connection (your internet connection). Check your router and see if there is a problem with connectivity or if the network is down or just reset the router and see if that works.
Reason 2 (Problem on Google’s side):
This problem is very very rare but it also doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen, so its better to be safe than sorry. Nothing is 100% breakdown free and the Google servers are no exception. If you keep getting the “Problem with network ” error, when you try to go into the youtube app but you are able to surf the web on your android web browser, then leave the YouTube app and let it be for a about 2 hours and try again. If it still spits out the same error after that 2 hours then its not Google. Google might not be 100% breakdown proof but even they wont take more than 2 hours to fix downtime (they got enough minions running around in their network and server rooms to make sure it doesn’t).
Reason 3 (Account Problem):
Alrighty now we are onto the hardcore stuff (wooohoooo bring out the KY jelly). The problem in this case is because you registered your android device with a Google account that for some reason has its youtube account disabled or not being eligible for an account. This is usually because erm…….how can I put this mildly………YOU LITTLE THIEF YOU hahahahahahah!! no no actually its because you most probably put up some videos up on YouTube that violated YouTube’s privacy and/or copyright policies and they sort of disabled your account due to it. You probably uploaded some copy-written material or some weird or nasty stuff!! or you recorded aliens anal probing someone and you posted it on YouTube and the aliens didn’t fancy you putting up their fetishes on YouTube so they fried your account from the Google servers……soooooo many possibilities, but at the end of the day its most probably that your YouTube account has been suspended!! Its easy to check if it is. Go to YouTube and sign into your account and try to upload something, if you see a page like the one below pop up, then most likely your account is screwed!!
Now how do we fix this problem….its easy enough, just follow the steps:
1. Touch on the apps window icon on the bottom of the home screen and then touch on “Settings”
3. Now inside the YouTube app menu, touch on “Clear data” and you will get a warning sign saying that all the apps data will be deleted, just touch on “OK”.
4. Now go back all the way to the settings menu and there touch on “Add account” under the Accounts tab.
5. When you touch on “Add account”, a window will pop up asking what type of account do you want to add. Touch on “Google”
6. Now a new window will open up in that window you can either add an already existing Google account that you have or make a new one. If you already have another Google account that does not have Youtube blocked then go ahead and add that, or if you want you can just make a new account. In my case I had another Google account that I could use so I touched on “Existing”. I put in my other account credentials and signed into the account.
7. After signing in, I also chose not to join Google+ and also not to set up a credit card for the new account on Google Wallet. Joining Google+ or not is your choice, but unless this new account is what you are going to use from henceforth, I would not recommend you to add a credit card to this new account’s Google wallet.
8. Again since I wont be using this account as my primary Google account on my android device, I removed the ticks off all the Sync options. If you do want emails, calendar data, contacts, etc from the old account and from this new account both to be available on your android device, then go ahead and don’t remove the ticks. In my case I did not need it so I removed the ticks.
9. Now you will be back in your settings menu, touch on “Google” and if you see your old account and new account both on the menu, then your golden, everything is going according to plan. Now touch on home at the bottom.
10. Now from your home screen or app menu, open up the YouTube app.
11. What is this?? Its asking you to chose an account…wooohooooo!! But touch on “Cancel” what this does is that, instead of automatically signing you into your account, it just opens up the default YouTube page. Just click “OK” on the start up page.
12. AAANNNNNDDDDDD WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?? YOUTUBE IS WORKING AGAIN!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You will notice that it has not signed you into any account and you are just using the default app and you can use it just how you would use YouTube 🙂
13. Now go back to your settings menu and touch on “Google”
14. Now if you plan to use the new google account you just made then touch on the old account and touch on the three tiny dots arranged vertically on the top right corner of the account menu and touch on “Remove account”. A pop up window will come up saying that it will delete all info regarding the account will be removed from your device, touch on “OK” and then you will notice in your Google accounts menu that only the new account is there and that the old account that had the defective YouTube is gone. Now you can go back to your YouTube app and sign in with the new account if you wish.
Foe people who rather keep the old account and use youtube not signed in as any user (just only use youtube and don’t need to upload videos to your account or whatever, just use youtube to watch videos online) and use youtube at its default normal way (like what I did), then go to your Google accounts menu, on that menu you will see two Google accounts, touch on the new account that you just added. Inside that menu, touch on the three tiny dots arranged vertically on the top right corner of the account menu and touch on “Remove account”. A pop up window will come up saying that it will delete all info regarding the account will be removed from your device, touch on “OK”. Now you will notice that on the Google accounts menu, only your old account can be seen. Now go back to your home screen and start up the YouTube app and you will see that it works in its default way not being signed into any account, if by chance you do touch on “Sign in” inside the YouTube app, then your screwed, you will get the problem all over again as the device tries to connect to the old Google account with the blocked YouTube account, hence you have to start this all over again, but if you plan to use the YouTube app just to browse and watch movies in YouTube but not to upload anything, then your fine, you don’t need to sign in.
That’s it guys, end of the tutorial. Hope it helps 😛 CHEEEEERRRSSSSS!!
PS: Sometimes the “Problem with the network ” error also comes in the android market app, that’s usually because the market app had crashed so just restart the device, of the market is temporarily down, or you need to update your market app or you are using a modded ROM that has an old market app and is unable to update.